You are not the only one, there a lots of women who wear long sleeves and stay covered up just to avoid the embarrassing state of their under arm. But you know, this thing doesn’t just come in a day, it takes a gradual process, so you would have to be patient treating it. But you don’t have to be afraid there are solutions to them.
Dark underarms are the skin’s response to exposure to certain harmful element.
CAUSES OF DARK UNDERARMS
- Shaving or using hair removal: You don’t need to do that anymore, just wax your armpit; it’s faster, a bit painful but perfect.
- Use of alcohol based deodorants and perspirants: Be very careful and watchful of the deodorants you wear. Some could be hazardous to your skin.
- Poor ventilation: Once in a while, wear clothes that bare some skin like tank tops and sleeveless blouses, don’t be all tied up.
- Using only chemical based products can be harmful to the skin in the long run so why don’t we try homemade and natural solutions?
- Potatoes: They contain a mild acid which is a bleaching agent and doesn’t cause irritation, slice a peel and use it to rub the affected area leaving it for 15-20mins and then wash off.
- Lemon: It has lots of advantages, well lemon can also help in this situation, squeeze the juice out of the lemon, apply it on the affected area leave to dry for 10-15mins wash off.
- But all these mentioned above can be effective if you also apply consistency to it because darkened underarm didn’t come in a day.
By Eweka Ehi