By Yemisi Suleiman
1. FRINGE AND TASSELES
Tassels and Fringe made a huge showing on the runway at the recently held Fashion Week. There is no doubt that they are a definite trend for 2017. But tassels are not new, they have been around thousands of years ,and were used as symbols of status: both for military ranks, and religious orders. However, modern day tassels come with a combination of the ancient and new look, offering us sexy styles and edgy fits.
From dresses, tops, skirts, bags and shoes to jewelry, tassels are literally hanging on every fashion item this season. So,if you want to try something new and exciting, tassels are the way to go.
How to wear
1. For a boho chic ,wear a tasseled top with your favourite jeans or skirt.
2. Wear a fringe jacket over a crop top,and pants with platform heels for a night out.
3. A sexy black fringe mini dress is an ideal choice for the red carpet.
4. However, if you are not comfortable with wearing fringed clothes, then go for fringed accessories, starting with shoes to bags, clutches, belt, necklaces and bracelets.
Monochrome made a fabulous return on the runway this year. as seen at the Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2016. The black and white combination is clean, simplistic and effortlessly chic. It’s one of the easiest colour combinations to nail, as showcased by a good number of designers at the show. The good news is that we all have it in one item or the other, in our wardrobes. It could be black jeans or pants, white shirt, black jacket, black and white striped shirt or dress, the options are endless. This is a trend which can be pulled off during any season and occasion, from the office, night out to weddings.
How to wear
- Choose and combine different styles and textures: ruffles, pleats, drapes to Lace.
- Add a hint of colour to head to toe monochrome.
- Wear them in different patterns to stand out.
- Another great way to wear this trend would be to team a black dress with a black and white clutch or wear a black and white scarf to lighten your outfit.