By Patricia Uyeh,
Harmattan season, which is characterised by the dry, dusty weather, can be worrisome especially to those with natural hair given that it tends to dry out the hair faster and this causes breakage.
It is paramount to properly take care of your hair this season lest it becomes damaged due to breakage.
Below are tips on how to take care of your hair during harmattan:
1. Moisturise! Moisturise!! The key to keeping your hair healthy is by moisturising your hair with a water-based cream or hair lotion.
2. Do well to stay away from shampoos during harmattan, instead try cowashing it. Don’t shampoo your hair because it dries it out.
4. Deep conditioning your hair weekly will lock in moisture and strengthen the hair.
5. Ensure you opt for ptotective hairstyles that would keep your ends hidden, and has low to-no manipulation.
6. Increase your level of water intake. Everyone should aim at drinking up to 8 glasses of water per day for healthy skin, hair and nails.
7. Try as much to avoid dusty environment
8. Adopt good nutrition habits, eat more vegetables and fruits that can provide you with the daily vitamins and minerals that you need.
9. Hot oil treatment is a surest way to open up the strand cuticles, ensuring penetration of moisture into your hair.
Photo credit : natural chica