By Patricia Uyeh
These days love can be found anywhere. It is not out of place if it is online. With social media being the in-thing, people hook-up and find that special one on any of the platforms.
Speaking of online dating, it is wise to play safe but at the same time put your best foot forward.
Below are some tips to consider when you are involved in online dating:
1. Don’t give false information like a fake age, weight, height, picture etc. You don’t want to build an open relationship on dishonesty.
2. Don’t fill your page with selfies. You don’t want to come across as a vain or self-absorbed person. You might also share pictures in company of friends or partaking in activities.
3. While you staying honest, be discreet with your full names, home address, bank details and place of work.
4. Use a good and clear profile picture not a cropped one with your ex.Drop the emojis and use words that best describe your personality.
5. Ensure you know who you are talking to before going on a date. Thanks to technology, you can gather information about the person online. Chances are the person is not genuine if the person does not share any information other than their user name.