Beauty: 5 steps to applying your lipstick like a pro
By Rita Chioma
Hello ladies, do you always admire the perfect look of your favourite celebrity or even your colleague’s lipstick and wonder how they achieved that effect? Well, wonder no more, learn how to apply your lip-sticks like a professional with these five easy steps.
1. Prepare your lips: The first thing to do is to prep the lips. To do this you will need to exfoliate and moisturize just like you would for your face. There are three methods of exfoliating; you can do whichever is comfortable for you.
*Dip a washcloth in water and use the washcloth to massage the lips
*Scrub your lips with a sugar scrub; you can make this at home with oil(coconut oil or olive oil) and sugar
* Brush your lips gently with a toothbrush
*After exfoliating apply moisturizer to your lip; if you are using a lip balm you will need to clean it off after a few minutes because a lip balm won’t make your lipstick adhere well.
2. Prime your lips: You could use a lip primer to prime your lips; but a better option will be using foundation, so as you are applying foundation on your face, apply a little on your lips as well. Doing this will help lipstick stay longer.
3. Use lip liner: This helps to define the lips and keeps lipstick from bleeding. Apply the lip liner at the edge of your lips following the natural contour of your lips.
You could also use lip liner in several ways depending on the effect you are looking for.
Example a. Using a lip liner the exact shade of your lipstick.
b. Using a light brown lip liner to match your lip.
c.Using the lip liner as a matte lipstick.
4. Apply Lipstick: Using a lip brush, apply your lipstick; place a tissue paper on your lip and dust a little powder on, remove the tissue and reapply the lipstick. This trick will make your lipstick last longer. You could apply the lipstick straight from the tube but a lip brush gives a more even and precise application and helps the lipstick stay on longer.
5. Clean up: Using a brush and concealer; clean up any area around your lips that needs cleaning up, this gives your lips a beautiful, sexy, defined look.
You can thank us later!