How to whiten your teeth
Your teeth can mar or beautify your smile. No wonder you have to make effort to keep it clean, strong and white.
White teeth is not only healthy, it is a pride. Brown or yellow teeth, on the other hand, can actually make you look older than your age. To make your teeth whiter, find below what to do:
1. Eliminating foods that cause teeth discolouration. Foods and beverages that contain tannins, such as wine and tea, can stain the teeth. Coffee and dark sodas and juices can also stain them. Acidic foods can make the teeth look yellow by wearing down the enamel.
2. Quit smoking or tobacco products to reduce the risk of nicotine stains.
3. Baking soda can gently polish away stains on the surface of the teeth. It may also help to fight bacteria, with the ability to reduce plaque and prevent tooth decay.
4. Use hydrogen peroxide. This a mild bleach that can help to whiten stained teeth. For optimal whitening, a person can try brushing with a mix of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide for 1–2 minutes twice a day for a week. They should only do this occasionally.
5. Whiten your teeth with fruits. Papain and bromelain, which are enzymes that occur in pawpaws and pineapples respectively, may both help to whiten teeth.