Helen Paul is a year older todayNo Case Matched!
Versatile entertainer, comedian, actress, singer, and MC, Dr. Helen Paul turns 41 today, May 1.
The petit comedienne, who recently, in a heartfelt appreciation message to her mother as she bagged a doctorate degree, disclosed that she is a product of rape, and despite her father’s misconduct at the time, she had never held any grudge against him.
Here are 10 facts about Helen that you might not know
- Helen Paul was born in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Her first job in the entertainment industry was as a front desk manager and a back-up artiste at Eko Reelmix Studios
- She broke out as a naughty comic character on a radio programme known as “Wetin Dey” on Radio Continental 102.3FM, Lagos, and popularly known on the programme as “Tatafo” – a witty kid.
- She presently hosts ‘Jara’ on Africa Magic.
- She has written a number of short stories and plays including “Life Burial” which was released in 2015.
- Helen holds a Bachelor Degree and Masters’ Degree in Theater Arts from the University of Lagos and is currently the first Stand-up comedian to have a Ph.D. She also holds a Media Enterprise Certificate from the School of Media and Communications
- She owns a bridal and fabric boutique in Nigeria called “Massive Fabrics and Bridals” in 2012 and in 2014 she opened a film and theater academy called “Helen Paul Theater and Film Academy”.
- She is a recipient of several awards including the 2012 African Film Awards, 2012 Exquisite Lady of the Year Award, 2014 Female TV Presenter of the Year.
- She has also won TV Presenter of the Year (Jara, Africa Magic), 2014 Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) – Outstanding TV Presenter (Female) (Entertainment/Talk Show).
- She is married to Femi Bamisile and they have four children, three sons, and a daughter.