I want to get over 1 million children off the streets, give them good education through LSI Foundation – Maristella Okpala, Beauty Queen
For Maristella Okpala, an Air Hostess, Miss Earth 2018, and the current first runner-up of MBGN 2021 where she won the Miss Universe Nigeria title, she is still single and not searching but has an idea of the kind of man she would love to settle down with in near future.
“I’m single but not searching. My relationship is not what I will like to go into at the moment. Well, for my kind of man, if he is a God-fearing and kind man, I might get interested in him” she said in an earlier interview.
Asked if her parents were in support of her ambition to become a model, Ms. Okpala, recalled how she was almost disowned for following her passion.Hear her: “Coming from a staunch catholic family, of course, it wasn’t easy at first. My father nearly disowned me and in my early days in the modeling industry, I was almost alone. My mother and grandma were my support system. But now, after proving to my Dad, that I could be a successful model with integrity and hold a professional career, he’s relaxed. I’m grateful that I’ve achieved 80% of all I’ve dreamed of. The remaining 20% would be to have helped more than 1 million children get out of the streets and get the education that they need. A child without education is like a bird without wings, no child should be left out.”
So far, the Beauty Queen has helped more than 80 kids both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria by taking them off the streets and equipping them with the tools needed to be in school through her LSI ( LETS SAY IT) Foundation.
Winning Miss Universe marks the end of pageantry for Maristella Okpala, “I think I’ve reached the top of my pageant career and winning Miss Universe will mark the end of my pageant journey. Besides, no other pageant is bigger than Miss Universe,” she gushed.