Simple ways to clean dirty sheep pans with baking soda
Here are two simple ways to use baking soda for the cleaning of your sheet pans:
Baking soda with vinegar
- Fill a sink with hot water. Add equal parts baking soda and white vinegar (about half a cup of each).
- Submerge your pans in the mixture and allow them to soak for between 30 minutes to an hour.
- Use some elbow grease and give the pan a serious scrub, using the coarse side of a sponge. Scrub in a circular motion to avoid noticeable scratching (although some scratching may still occur).
- Once you’ve scrubbed to your heart’s content, give the pan a good hand wash with soap and water to remove the vinegar smell, and dry immediately to avoid rust.
Baking soda with peroxide
- Start by mixing baking soda and hydrogen peroxide into a paste.
- Spread the mixture across the surface of the pan and allow it to sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Use a sponge to wipe away the paste. No harsh scrubbing should be needed!