By Josephine Agbonkhese
Call it breezy, voluminous, roomy, or broad, wide-leg pants have been one of the biggest trends dominating the fashion space for almost two seasons now.
Aside from growingly becoming a popular choice among women, fashion-forward gents are putting their spin on the trend, both on red carpets, the streets, and at high-end social events.
Thanks to its statement-making silhouette that instantly elevates a wearer’s style, wide-leg pants surely do not appear to be going away anytime soon.
See some of your favourite celebrities who’ve been spotted dripping and making bold statements in wide-leg pants.
Tips for styling wide-leg pants for gents
1. Create contrast by keeping everything else fitted except your pants.
2. Make sure the trousers hit near your waist, not your hips.
3. Keep the rest of the look simple with a crisp button-down, linen shirt, or plain tee.
4. For fabrics, opt for heavier materials.
5. For colours, starters can stick to neutrals such as black, grey, or navy because wide legs are a statement in their own right.
6. Pair with shoes with a wider, round toe; avoid slightly pointier, narrow shoes.