How To Earn A Second Date
By Jemi Ekunkunbor
As exciting as going on a first date may appear, it can be a very daunting task as well. With all the butterflies flapping in one’s stomach, making a simple decision on the choice of dress to wear can even be confusing. Any wrong move can make or mar the future of this relationship. It is the reason why some girls never get that second call for a second date.
The first date therefore, is very crucial. It could be the first step to a “happily ever after” life. Going on a first date is certainly about putting your best foot forward. And this applies to both genders. It’s a time to be the best version of yourself.
For some people, going on a first date is like going for a job or Visa interview. You have to be at your best because you will never get a second chance to make a first impression. Your first impression could be the way you are dressed, it could with how you speak, the kind of conversation you raised, it could be with your poise and grace as a woman and to the extreme, it could even be with the perfume you wore. You really never know.
Getting a second date is a sign that everything went well the first time.
Here are some tips to help.
- Be aware of the image you are projecting. Men are easily weary of bossy, argumentative or controlling women. Showing the softer side of you is preferred.
- Do not have wondering eyes. Concentrate on your date.
- Don’t over flatter her or unnecessarily exaggerate about things
- Talk less
- Have a great conversation and learn to listen. Let your date feel important and interesting
- It’s a good sign if your date leans in but if she leans away, chances are that he may not want to see you again after that initial meeting.
- Don’t go too physical on a first date. Take things slowly