Nigeria’s first female comedienne, Mandy celebrates 25 years in the industry
By Sewe Ishola
Nigeria’s top female comedian, Mandy Uzonitsha, simply known as Mandy is set to celebrate her silver jubilee in the entertainment industry with a black tie event.
The comedienne made this known in a press release, where, it was highlighted that the event, while meant “to celebrate the icon, it would also use her stage to present to the world new up and coming female comedienne and also establish female comediennes.
The event is an all female performing event, and Mandy will also use this opportunity to say thank you to outstanding men and brands that has been supportive to female comediennes like:
- Alibaba and his wife for supporting Mandy
- Patrick Doyle for supporting Najite Dede (Naija Second Female Comedienne)
- TA for supporting Princess
- Owen G for supporting Lepacious Bose
- MC Shaggi for supporting Ebinyo”
The event, which is scheduled to hold on the 9th of April “will also promote breast cancer awareness by providing free breast cancer screening for women at the event.”