Dark thighs: Causes and home remedies to combat them
A spotless face and flawless skin might not be enough especially if you have darker thighs. This is because you have to hide under the guise of wearing long outfits to cover up your thigh flaws.
If you have dark thighs, it could be as a result of the following:
This can actually make your thighs go darker. It could be hormonal changes from pregnancy, lactation, your menstrual cycle or even contraceptives. However, to know if your dark thighs are caused by your hormone levels, you’ll need to see your gynaecologist.
Being overweight can cause your thighs to rub against each other when you walk. When this happens consistently, the skin around that area becomes itchy and sore and this is what is known as chafing. When chafing occurs, the skin around that area will get discoloured and darken. You can combat this by wearing tights or shorts under your clothes to stop your thighs from touching each other.
Friction from wearing very tight clothes can make your thighs darker. Avoid super tight clothes in the meantime.
Find below home remedies to combat darker thighs:
. Coconut oil and lemon juice
- Combine a few tablespoons of coconut oil with the juice of half a lemon.
- Rub the mixture into the affected area and massage for 10 minutes or longer.
- Wash the area clean.
2. Sugar scrub
- Combine fresh lemon juice, a teaspoon of sugar, and a tablespoon of honey.
- Gently scrub the mixture into the inner thighs.
- Rinse the area to remove the scrub.
3. Oatmeal yogurt scrub
- Make a paste with equal parts oatmeal and plain yogurt.
- Apply the paste to the darkened area of skin, and gently scrub.
- Wash the paste off of your leg.