17 School resumption tips for every parent
As we begin 2019/2020 academic session, remember that unscrupulous people are also preparing to cause havoc, and its up to you as parents to protect your children in every way you can despite the fact that all protection comes from God.
Please consider these few tips below to guide you in guarding your child or ward.
* Don’t write your child’s name where it can be easily seen. Remember that anyone who calls your child by name is no longer a stranger
* Don’t drop your child at the gate and zoom off. Make sure the child enters the class before you go
* Always call the teacher later to check if your ward is in class
* Inform the teacher and school security if you will be coming late.
* Make adequate alternative if you won’t be opportune to go to their school after closing.
* Don’t put your total trust in Okada drivers and Keke riders’
* If you have children are below 10 years please ensure that there is an older person available to pick them.
* Due to the rains, bush part will be very bushy, let them avoid these parts.
* Teach your child never to walk alone.
* Teach them not to accept ride in the scorching sun.
* Teach them to stay in school when there is heavy rain. They are not to walk on gutters during rain, they might be faulty.
* Endeavour to give the children food to school no matter what, they easily get carried away during break.
* Make sure they carry bottle(s) of water so as not to beg for one in school. It can be disastrous.
* Teach them to be contented with whatever you give them to school and avoid begging.
*Let them have confidence in you in order to always share their daily school activities with you – every evening.
* Let them know that no that nobody, even their classmates is allowed to see or touch their pants or private parts.
* Finally, teach them to trust in God and pray at all times.