5 Reasons To Exfoliate Your Skin
By Linda Orajekwe.
The term “beauty is skin deep” makes a new kind of sense when you think of exfoliation, a very important part of the skincare routine that is most times overlooked.
For your skin to radiate, you have to always think “exfoliation”- scrubbing off those dead cells so that beauty within can radiate outside.
Still wondering why you should exfoliate? Here are five reasons:
- Smoother skin: Exfoliate your skin to take off the dead cells that have pilled up on the surface of your skin, making it rough to touch. Once your skin is exfoliated and unwanted skin scrubbed off the surface, touching it becomes a more pleasing experience.
- Lighten dark spot: You see that part of your face where pimples once occupied but now crowded with spots, exfoliating will take off the dead cells there; and with consistent exfoliation, those dark spots will brighten up to blend right to other parts of your skin.
- Boost your skincare routine: No matter the product you use for your skincare routine, if that routine does not involve you exfoliating your skin, chances are you’re wasting a great part of your time because, this routine is meeting a thick wall of build-up skin that will obstruct the products from penetrating the skin enough to do its work. So to get the best out of the product you’ve spent a great deal of money on, exfoliate and take the obstacle away.
- Makes your makeup go on evenly: Avoid making your foundation cling to flaky or rough patches on your skin just because you have refused to exfoliate. When that happens, it makes you look sick and that’s not the aim of making up. So exfoliate and make your skin the perfect Canvas to work that makeup magic on.
- Shrink your pores: When your pores are clogged, the dirt in it stretches them out and not exfoliating to unclog them, will leave them wider. However, exfoliating will take out the dirt and shrink back your skin. So Exfoliate!