Lagos State Government eases restrictions on Social/Event centres
The Lagos State Government has relaxed regulations governing social events and event centers in the state.
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has authorised the further easing of social centres throughout the state with immediate effect, after proper consultation and deliberation.
The state has, however, issued new guidelines for the reopening of social/event facilities, one of which is that event centres must register before reopening and event duration should not exceed a maximum period of six hours.
According to a statement by the Lagos Safety Commission on Friday, the easing of restrictions on social and event centres takes immediate effect.
The governor made “due consultation and deliberations with relevant stakeholders and MDAs including the Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture and Lagos State Safety Commission and approved the further easing of social centres across the State with immediate effect,” the statement said.
Full guidelines for social/event facilities are as follows:
– All event centres must hold a valid license of the Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture before operating as an event centre in the State.
– All event centres must be duly registered and verified on The Lagos State Safety Commission website www.lasgsafetyreg.com before holding any event.
– An Event Safety Clearance must be obtained from the Lagos State Safety Commission through the website www.lasgsafetyreg.com for any proposed event or exhibition.
– Safety Marshals shall be deployed by an accredited event safety consultant from Lagos State Safety Commission for every social event with attendance exceeding over 200 people.
– Occupancy limit at any event must not exceed 50% of the maximum design capacity of the hall, wherein Occupancy Limit stickers provided by the Lagos State Safety Commission must be boldly posted at the entrance of the event hall.
– Maximum allowable capacity for Event Centers irrespective of occupancy limit is 500 people.
– Deep cleaning must be carried out before and after every event.
– Physical distancing shall be maintained between seated guests and a maximum number of seated guests should be 6 (six) people on a table of 10 (ten)persons.
– Event duration should not exceed a maximum period of 6-hours.
– All guests and service providers at the facility must wear a nose mask and make use of hand sanitizers
– All guests and service providers must endeavor to wash their hands before entering the venue or in the alternative use hand sanitizers.
– Temperature checks must be taken at all entry points into a facility.
– Guests and service providers with temperature (above 37.5) are to be politely turned back and referred to paramedics or the emergency response team on ground.
– Hand sanitizers must be positioned at the entry points and different spots within the hall.
– All event centers must endeavor to display standard COVID-19 safety signs. The signs must be bold and installed at conspicuous locations.
– Event centre owners/ planners/vendors would be responsible for any breach of protocols by their staff.