CONFIANCE VICTOR WINS MISS TEEN GLOBAL BEAUTY NIGERIA 2022
Twenty-year-old Miss Confiance Victor has emerged winner of the second edition of Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria (MTGBN).
The fair-skinned beauty who represented Imo State at the contest with high flying teenage beauties with brains and brawn, beat nine other contestants to emerge winner.
The event which held last Sunday at the Tosenat 3 Arena in the Timber city of Sapele, was the climax of an intense one week of camping activities that involved, leadership training, etiquettes, life’s soft skills, and entrepreneurship training.
Unlike the conventional pageants where contestants make three appearances in swim wear, traditional and evening wear, contestants here, came out in five appearances namely; introduction, traditional costumes, swimwear, talents display and evening wear segment.
The two additions gave contestants the opportunity to speak as they introduced themselves, while they showcased their talents and creative skills in the talent display segment.
After an evening of fun and entertainment, the 3-man panel of judges headed by former Mr. Nigeria, Bernard Effiong announced Miss Imo, the winner. Aghunaife Fiona, Miss Teen Delta, followed closely as the 1st Princess, while Alkali Hannah, Miss Ondo, emerged 2nd Princess.
By her victory, Confiance walked home with the sum of N200,000 in cash, amongst other prizes, plus an all-expense-paid trip to Paraiba, Brazil, courtesy of Awaritse Nigeria Limited, to represent Nigeria at the Miss Teen Global Beauty International, billed for August, later this year.
Aghunaife Fiona, Miss Teen Delta, 1st Princess, Alkali Hannah, Miss Ondo, 2nd Princess, Mayungbo Oluwatobiloba, Miss Ogun, 3rd Princess, walked home with N150,000, N100,000 and N100,000 in cash, respectively.
Speaking on how the queen’s emerged, in a pageant aimed to redefine, mould and reshape the mindsets of young teenage girls, Director of Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria, popularly called, Nigeria’s King of Queens, Mrs. Gwendolyn Tagbarha said, 70% of the total was taken right from the auditions, home task assignments, behavioral assessment, hard work, attitude, camp activities and submitted to the judges, while their stage performances during the Grand finale made up the other 30%.”
She added that, to ensure credibility of the brand and provide a level playing ground for all contestants, “none of the contestants were given tickets to sell like it is done with other pageant.”
Meanwhile, reacting to her win, an elated Confiance Victor who holds a National Diploma in Chemical engineering from Imo State Polytechnic says:
“I feel incredibly happy about winning because it was a tough competition where there were so many great girls, but the crown chooses me, and it choose me for a purpose. It’s more than a prize to me, it’s an opportunity that will change my life for good.”
Miss Teen Global Beauty Nigeria brand is a major platform that grooms young girls from the foundation, to become worthy role models, ambassadors and subsequently become useful to themselves and the society at large.