Tips on how to strategically use mirrors in your space
By Jennifer Chukwujekwe
Certainly! Mirrors can be used strategically to enhance the aesthetics and functionality of your space.
Here are five tips to help you make the most of mirrors in your design:
- Reflect Light and Space: Place mirrors opposite windows or light sources to reflect natural light and make the room feel brighter and more spacious.
- Create Illusions: Use mirrors to give the illusion of more space. A large mirror on a wall can make a small room appear larger and airier.
- Focal Point and Art: Position a mirror as a central focal point, especially if it has an ornate or decorative frame. It can function as a piece of artwork while also reflecting the room’s beauty.
- Enhance Decor: Use mirrors to reflect interesting architectural details, artwork, or furniture. They can amplify the impact of your existing decor elements.
- Hallways and Narrow Spaces: Place mirrors in hallways or narrow spaces to open up the area and prevent it from feeling closed-in.
Remember, the placement and size of mirrors matter. Think about what you want to emphasize or enhance in your space, and then strategically position mirrors to achieve those goals.