Chibok Parents goes on the offensive, ask Buhari to find Chibok girls or resignNo Case Matched!
Families of the missing Chibok girls have gone on the offensive in its dealing the government, regarding the rescue of the girls who have been missing for close to two years.
The parents, who are highly disappointed with how the president has handled the matter so far, called on Buhari to resign if he cannot fulfill his campaign promise to save the girls. They say he should let somebody else who can do the job take it up.
The parents who had earlier boycotted a Bring Back Our Girls march on the presidency were in full war mode. Speaking on behalf of the parents, Reverend Mark Enoch, whose two daughters are also among the missing girls, queried the president’s sincerity in the matter and wondered if he was at all motivated to find the girls. “The Chibok girls parents are sorry for voting you as president. We expected you to work harder for Nigeria. We voted for you because you promise to rescue our girls.
You said you don’t have any credible intelligence but the insurgency has helped you by saying that they are open for negotiation. We are asking you to go there and negotiate. “Are you not interested to bring them back? We have intelligence in Nigeria, why don’t you bring back these girls. Are you not a general? We are all Nigerians. As it happened to us, it will happen to the others.
If the president is incapable to rescue the girls, he should step down. He cannot say you don’t know where they are. “I cannot sleep thinking about my two daughters. If they are your daughter’s, won’t you have given orders for them to be rescued? Why won’t you give order? Why can’t you give orders? Is there something behind the whole Chibok girls’ abduction thing?
“You are not even listening to the parents. The way you entertain us the last time, show you don’t have interest in us. If you can’t work, get down and let somebody take over,”
This development comes just hours after some of the parents told News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday, August 23 that they refused to join the march to Aso Rock on Monday, August 22 because they wanted to maintain decorum in their approach to the matter.
Photo credits: http://s.newsweek.com/