Read Davido’s babymama, Sophia’s advice to a pregnant followerNo Case Matched!
By Rita Chioma,
Davido’s first baby mama, Sophia Momodu has a word of advice for one of her followers, who sought her opinion, she is experienced in.
The follower revealed she’s 25, and she pregnant for her boyfriend, and she has no idea whatsoever on what to do.
Here’s the message she wrote to Sophia: “Good afternoon, Please I really admire your strength. Please can I ask you a very personal question that is related to me as well. I want to know how you could keep your baby, with all the pressure from society.”
“Right now am 25, and am pregnant for my boyfriend. Am so confused, he asked me to keep it. Am an only child, my mum is late and my dad has another family.”
I don’t know how am going to cope. Please am just asking, how did you overcome and still live your life.”
Below is Sophia Momodu response;
“I honesty don’t know what I’d have done with myself if I didn’t have the kind of support system (family & friends) I have, through out my pregnancy and afterwards, even though 95% of my family & friends found out via social media after I had my baby……”
“Most of them just wanted to know I was ok, some were mad at me but eventually got over it…
1. I’d say if you do keep your baby, don’t keep your pregnancy a secret from family, (it does things to your mind eventually can’t go into details now lol).
2. Don’t let anybody shame you. Nobody has the how to live life right handbook.
3. Educate yourself on post partnum depression cos it’s a hell of a ride especially if you’re clueless (it’s real af!)……
4. Focus on your baby by trying to stay happy no matter what (you don’t want a moody baby & trust me, a happy baby makes it easier on those hard days).
5. Pray, speak positive words into your new journey it goes a long way.
6. Keep your head up (it’s no longer about you). Tough times don’t last. Don’t worry boo Gods got you. One time my best friend told me God pays special attention to the prayer of a pregnant woman. I swear I think it’s true. I’m praying for you & I hope you have an easy deliver (Big Hugs!)”