Tips on how to keep your job
Are you that worker who is excited every Monday? It is obvious you are finding fulfilment asides the fringe benefits that come as a bonafide employee.
If the reverse is your case, your attitude to work and delivery might put you on the retrenchment list.
Here is what to do to step up your game at work:
1. Be at work on time, remember punctuality is the soul of business.
2. Avoid eye service. Don’t bad mouth your boss,colleagues or anybody. Do your work and go home.
3. Don’t argue with your boss. He/She is your boss! Learn to be humble.
4. Follow instructions. Don’t do things without obeying rules and regulations and even instructions.
5. Stick to the schedule. Have this at the back of your mind every working day.
6. Give sincere and diligent service. Work hard and do your job professionally.
7. Get along with others. Try to get along with everybody, even though you can’t expect every person to like you.
8. Be cheerful and helpful. Then would you enjoy your work.
9. Don’t look for shortcuts. Diligence pays in the long run.
10. Take criticism wisely. They are meant to help you improve and grow.
11. Don’t be a lazy drone. Work hard for your money .
12. Drop your problems at home. Leave family and home matters where they belong.
13. Take pride in your job, it’s your meal ticket and handwork.
14. Don’t envy those ahead of you. It is of no use. Envy can make you do terrible things or undeliver.
15. Don’t demand reward for every service rendered. You should do some things freely.
16. Share your experience with others. That way you become an expert.
17. Train your subordinates. Have people you invested into their lives professionally.
18. Take responsibility for all your actions. Don’t blame anyone for your actions.
19. Give official documentation a priority. This is very important.
20. Above all, be honest. Remember honesty is the bes policy.