Ginger as a spice and the health benefits
We have variety of spice we add to food to increase its taste generally and ginger is a spice with great health benefits.
Ginger is one of the healthiest spice on the planet earth.
Ginger contains gingerol which has a powerful medicinal property.
It is loaded with with nutrients and bioactive compounds that are very beneficial to the human brain and body.
There are various ways ginger can be added to our food and drinks.
It can be used in its raw form or as a powder.
No matter how you use it, ginger remains a healthy choice for spice.
Ginger can be used in preparation of Jollof rice, stew, Moi Moi, or can be added to tea or zobo drink.
Peel out the back, grate, pound, blend or just dice it according to what it’s to be used for.
Some benefits of ginger include but not limited to the following,
- Aids the digestive system, it helps treat chronic indigestion.
- Ginger powder taken before the arrival of ones period may help reduce menstrual pain.
- It also protects against age related damage to the brain. It can improve brain functions on elderly women.
- The gingerol present in ginger can help fight infection. Ginger inhibits the growth of different types of bacteria.
- Ginger has a powerful anti inflammatory and antioxidant effect.
- Anti Nausea: good for motion/morning sickness, vomiting, vertigo.