Beauty tips: Dry hair; causes and care
Even the Bible said a woman’s hair is her crown and glory
Hair care can be an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges with an amazing mind blowing end results; if you finally get there.
There are different types and textures of hair, among all non should be dull-looking and brittle.
If your hair looks dull and dry; it’s damaged and worth addressing.
You need to discover how to ditch your dry hair for soft, nourished hair.
Some causes of dry hair includes:
- Over use of Heat Styling Tools – No matter how you love Curl’s and blowouts, applying too much heat when styling is a major factor of dry, dull-looking hair. Don’t use heat on your hair every day.
It can strip the hair of its natural moisture.
Embracing an air dry hairstyle with an air dry cream can help with frizz control and keep in your hair’s natural moisture.
- Using the Wrong Hair Care Products – certain hair care products are formulated for specific hair types, using a hair care product that’s not formulated for your hair type can have consequences like dryness.
When selecting a shampoo and conditioner, always check the hair care product label before purchasing. Avoid those with alcohol, which can strip away your hair’s natural oils and moisture, and look for products formulated with nourishing hair care oils such as avocado oil, argan oil, or coconut oil as they help retain hair moisture.
- Excessive Hair Washing – Maintaining proper hair hygiene is important, but washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils. Washing your hair once or twice a week is enough. Use a gentle deep conditioner to keep hair looking and feeling nourished.
Cut down on frequent hair washing. Curly hair can be more prone to dryness.
- Over-Use of Hair Dyes and Bleaches – Harsh chemicals commonly found in hair dyes and bleaches can lift the natural oils your hair needs to keep it looking glossy and healthy.
If you color your hair regularly, look for gentle shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for color-treated hair.
Products infused with argan oil and cranberry extracts helps protect the radiance of color treated hair.
- Environmental Factors Environmental factors like overexposure to the sun, extreme heat, cold winds and low humidity can all take a toll on your hair, making it look dry and frizzle.
Reduce the risk of hair damage by wearing a hat over your hair on a beach day or avoiding prolonged exposure to the elements. Protect your hair with a swim cap while in the pool.