David and Victoria Beckham tested positive to coronavirus after ‘partying’
Spice couple, David and Victoria Beckham sure knows how to keep their private lives, private.
According to The Sun, the former English football star and his fashion designer wife joined the list of celebrities who were infected by the coronavirus earlier this year, but they decided to keep their journey a secret.
Quoting unnamed sources, the British tabloid said Beckham, 45, and Victoria, 46, flew to the United States on March 1 to cheer for his football club Inter Miami, which was playing its first away game at Los Angeles Football Club.
They were joined by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and other members of the Beckham family, including their son Brooklyn’s fiancee, actress Nicola Peltz.
A source told the publication, that the two had been attending a string of parties earlier this year which led to them ‘catching’ the virus.
The insider, close to the family, revealed that the news left the fashion designer devastated as she ‘feared’ her family becoming ‘super spreaders.’
“David was on duty for his club Inter Miami, and Victoria and the family flew down to support him,” said the source.
“They attended a couple of swanky networking events as David had promotional duties, and were shaking hands and kissing fans and various club dignitaries. They then flew back to London, and were whisked straight to their Cotswolds mansion,” the grapevine added.
The Beckhams had celebrated Brooklyn’s 21st birthday on March 6 at their country retreat which was attended by a number of A-listers including Emma Bunton and Stormzy.
“David started to feel ill and then Victoria developed a sore throat. At the same time, several of their team including drivers, bodyguards and assistants fell ill — a couple of them very badly so,” the source said.
“Victoria really panicked and made the whole family quarantine rigidly for more than two weeks,” they added.
After complete recovery, the two sent out care packages for their team and staff members.