I almost died from an overdose in 2007 – Eminem
Eminem, real name Marshall Bruce Mathers, has spoken about the drug overdose that almost killed him in 2007.
The American rapper admitted that music saved his life when speaking about the tragedy that occurred over the weekend.
He requested his daughter Hailie Jade Mathers to cover her ears while he talked about his difficulties with addiction during his speech during his induction at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame over the weekend.
I realize what an honor it is right now to be here up here tonight, and what a privilege it is to do the music that I love.
Music basically saved my life … I’ll keep this as painless as possible. I’m fucking stuttering. I’m probably not supposed to actually be here tonight because of a couple of reasons.
I almost died from an overdose in 2007, which kind of sucked.
Then, Eminem addressed his 26-year-old daughter, whom he has with his ex-girlfriend Kim Scott, saying;
Hailie, plug your ears. Because drugs were fucking delicious. I thought we had a good thing going on, but I had to go and fuck it all up. Goddamn.
Then the camera switched to his daughter, who shook her head and pursed her lips.
He then added;
Hold on, I lost my motherfucking spot. Paul, did I say, I said drugs were delicious, right? And finally, I had to really fight my way through man to try and breakthrough in this music, and I’m so honored and I’m so grateful that I’m even able to be up here doing hip-hip music, man, because I love it so much.
Eminem, a once dependent user of methadone, Valium, Ambien, and Vicodin, achieved ten years of recovery in 2018.