International Designers and Design Conference 2023 holds May 20
Plans are currently in top gear for the 2023 International Designers and Design Conference (IDDC), which holds on May 20 at the Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lekki.
The conference, with the theme “Power of fusing design with technology” presents networking opportunities for African designers, brand(s) and design Startups on the global stage, and also to inspire and empower emerging designers in the creative world, by creating a financial networking platform, design thinking skills, effective marketing strategy, training, branding and promotion to revolutionise the creative industry.
Jude Attah, CEO of Phronesis Fashion World, organisers of the conference stated that “the event is not just the regular fashion event that deals only with fashion designers, but it’s a creative event that promotes innovators and inventors in the software industry, hardware industry, architectural industry, Art and Craft industry, the Interior Design industry, the Fashion design industry as well as other creative startups not just in Nigeria, but in Africa and beyond.”
Attah listed the objectives of the IDDC event to include:
- Interfacing Startup designers with Venture Capital/financial investors.
- Creating Professional networking opportunities for business startups.
- Connect emerging entrepreneurs with business and professional mentors.
- 4. Connect designers with technical, financial and industrial experts, to increase their value creation.
- 5. Partner with institutions that will build startup incubation ecosystems and venture capital labs for emerging designers
- 6. To discover and unveil Most Valuable Products (MVPs) and cutting-edge designs from African Startups, for both public and private sector development, as well as the opportunity to export creativity.
Numerous A-list speakers in the design industry, as well as venture capital/financial investors who will speak on the latest and newest startup ideas to invest in, have been lined up for the event, with ace broadcaster, Rufai Oseni as the chief host.
Recognition awards will be given to players in the fashion and design industry in appreciation of the impact their brands have added to the industry, and indeed the overall economic growth of the nation.