10 things you should know about Aisha Buhari as she turns 46 today
By Patricia Uyeh
Wife of the President of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari turned 46 years old today. She has proved that she’s not limited to the ”other room”.
In fact, she is a woman of many feats. She is a role model to many women, a fashionista and philanthropist. As she marks her very special day, here are 10 things you should know about her:
1.Aisha Buhari was born in Adamawa state on February 17, 1971.She was also raised in Adamawa state where she had her primary and secondary education. She grew up with her siblings and nieces.
2. Aisha’s grandfather was Nigeria’s first Minister of Defence, Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu.
3. Aisha is the second wife of President Muhammadu Buhari. He had been once married to late Safinatu Yusuf before he divorced her to marry Aisha in December 2, 1989. She is currently his only wife.
4. Aisha has five lovely children with the president.
5. Aisha is already a grandmother.
6. Aisha had initially chased a career in Beauty and fashion. She owns a beauty salon called Hanzy Spa.
7. Aisha is a devout muslim, fluent in speaking English and Arabic languages.
8. Mrs Buhari promised not to overstep her constitutional rights despite her position as the president’s wife.
9. Aisha Buhari believes strongly in women empowerment and does everything she could to support them. She is also an advocate for child rights.
10. Aisha Buhari is a fashionista. She definitely has eyes for good things. She was once spotted rocking a salvatore ferragamo zig-zag cape that shook the media.
Photo credit: Instagram @aishambuhari