6 Ways Moringa can benefit your skin
By Patricia Uyeh
The moringa tree has been referred to as the miracle tree and also a mother’s best friend for its many uses. The moringa tree is native to parts of Africa and Asia. It is known for having nutrients like calcium, vitamins A, B, C, D and E as well as minerals like copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, silica and manganese that help maintain a healthy skin.
Below are 6 ways moringa can benefit your skin;
1. Softens baby’s skin: The oil which is extracted from moringa seeds is used to soften and soothe a baby’s delicate skin.
2. Skin protection: Moringa seed extract is used in protective creams. It has the ability to provide protection against cigarette smoke and heavy metal pollution.
3. Anti-ageing properties: Moringa has been found to possess anti-ageing properties. The effect of free radicals on human skin causes the appearance of wrinkles and makes the skin aged and less resistant to lines but with moringa, ageing of the skin can be corrected.
4. Powerful cleaning agent: Moringa seed powder is used as an active ingredient in deep cleansing creams and lotions. It protects the skin from adhering pollution and smog.
5. Skin flexibility: Moringa leafs also contain sulphur. This mineral is present in every single cell of the body and is the key ingredient for collagen and keratin. Collagen is an elastic substance that gives flexibility and softness to the skin and keratin is a rigid substance which gives the skin rigidity and strength.
6. Purifying properties: The seed extract of the moringa herb is popular in the cosmetic industry due to its therapeutic skincare benefits and skin purifying properties. It possesses the ability to filter out impurities that are deeply rooted within the skin and has an amazing detoxifying and rejuvenating properties.
Photo credit: acceleratetv.com