10 health benefits of eating corn
One thing peculiar to the rainy season is that it is usually comes with corn in abundance. It is regarded as the corn season. Well, however you like your corn served, whether with pear or coconut, it is one fruit that leaves one craving for more.
This delicious fruit is not just a snack or food to quench hunger, it has several health benefits. They include:
- Corn contains carotenoids-Latein and Zeaxanthis which good for eye sight.
- It prevents diverticular diseases
- As a good source of iron, corn prevents anaemia.
- Corn contains carotenoids that protects the skin and eyes from oxidative damage leading to cancer.
- Corn is good source of fibre that lowers cholesterol and prevents constipation.
- For those trying to loose weight, the fibre content in corns makes one easily full.
- Corn contains phenolic phytochemicals that regulate blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- Corn is a source of thymine that sharpens brain functions. It also synthesizes acetycholine that improves the memory.
- Having high amount of carbonhydrate, corn is a good source of energy.
- It is a good meal for people suffering from diabetes as it helps control the blood sugar levels.