How to subdue your biggest fear as a young Mom
Is your biggest fear someone maltreating your child in your absence?
Away too Not to worry, almost every mum nurses this thought once in a while.
In the light of all the horrific nanny & creche tales we see all over the internet these days, these are few notable advice for mothers.
* Trust your mummy instincts, leave your child in the care of someone YOU TRUST. It’s very important, don’t ’manage’ a nanny.
* If a nanny or creche isn’t right for your child let her go. It’s better to enrol your child in a creche or look for the best alternative rather than manage.
* Install a CCTV if can afford it or get a ’second’ eye if you can. This can be a trusted neighbour or a family member.
At most, let your child stay in an after school program. Get a support system in this regard.
* Do your findings, background checks so you don’t fall for the wrong nanny. Trace their referees, find out their last place of employment. DO YOUR FINDINGS. Don’t just bring a total stranger into your home.
* Before you sign your child up in that creche, DO YOUR FINDINGS.
Get feedback from other people and visit unannounced most times.
* Prayers are key irrespective of your faith. Hire from from trusted agencies at all times.
Remember to always set your priorities right and realise that at some point in your career or momlife, you would have to make certain compromises.