Heart health : 5 food to add to your diet
The importance of diet to the body can’t be over emphasized and that of the heart is very paramount, here are 5 foods to add to your diet in other to enhance your heart health.
A healthy diet can be good for your heart and prevent chances of developing cardiovascular diseases.
Varieties of fruits and vegetables are good for the heart. Eating food in their natural form.
Below are foods to add to your diet for a healthy heart.
- Fish high in omega-3s :Examples of such fish are Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon and trout.
- Healthy nuts :Snacking on almonds or walnuts satisfy hunger and help the heart.
- Green vegetables : Food in their natural form are mostly good for the heart and a healthy choice. Eating vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli and asparagus are very good for the heart when they are used as sandwiches and salads.
- Fruits like oranges, pawpaw (papaya) are rich in potassium, magnesium and fibre.
- Dark chocolate : very good and a healthy choice for the heart, the higher the percentage of cocoa, the higher the better the percentage of fibre and protein it contains.
There are so many other food that can be inculcated into the diet to enhance our heart health.