Oral sex, sex toys and other alternatives to penetrative love making
By Adesuwa Ewoigbokan
Penetrative love making as you know, refers to the female vaginal/internal genital, oral, and anal penetration.
Aside these, there are a lot of other sexual experiences that you and your lovebird can satisfactorily benefit from that does not involve penetrative sex. This is called or referred to as outercourse!
Today’s world with the help of television, porn and Netflix has often featured penetrative sex to be the main course; but, you can decide to be creative and explore to see what works for you.
At the same time, experiment and play with different kinds of touch that promote increase pleasure and teach you a lot about what you and your lover like. Alternative can be an option for sexual activity without penetration.
Some outercourse are seen as a safe sex alternative especially, as they can put boundaries around any activity that can lead to pregnancy or contracting sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Alternatives include any of the following:
- Never downplay the power of a kiss: Kissing different parts of the body can help you and your partner discover what turns you on and it’s a great way to build intimacy.
- Get a massage with the right setting: Create a scene with scented candles for mood lighting and use lubrication like hot or scented oils. Let your spouse know about where you both like to get rubbed down.
*Dry humping: This is not just for teenagers, couples are free to grind his/her body against that of the partner and could be pleasurable irrespective of your age. It might also help you to see how you like different positions, clothing materials and role play for different types of pleasure that you may desire.
- Mutual masturbation can be used as alternative to Intercourse- You are the only person that can tell how you want to be touched. As such, masturbation does not have to be a solo activity, you and your mate can always masturbate together while kissing, cuddling, and showing each other what feels good for the both of you.
- Sex toys: There is a whole world of sex toys out there waiting to be explored. There is also the possibility that you can find one for the type of stimulation you’re looking for. For instance, if you want genital stimulation without penetration, vibrators can target the clitoris or the head of the manhood for an arousing time out.
- Manual stimulation: This is another great way to keep things exciting by indulging in various types of lubricants like, warming and cooling lubricants in order to see which of the different sensations you might prefer along with your hand and finger play. You and your lover can take turns pleasuring each other with your hand, or fingering each other at the same time. This Act is called hand job.
- Oral sex: Cunnilingus, rimming and blow jobs involves a lot of options for using your mouth on your mate’s genitals and other pleasure zones. If your partner’s mouth is giving you oral sex, be free enough to let him/her know what you’d like more or less without faking your pleasures.
At this point, I’m sure some people might be wondering if outercourse is worth the stress when one could be having “real sex” instead. Don’t write it off yet as there are many circumstances where it might be a great alternative.
Regardless of the reasons for practicing it, outercourse is a fun way of experimenting new things like focusing on different pleasures, and exploring what sensuality really means to you.