5 Face Washing Mistakes to Stop Making
By Linda Orajekwe
Face washing is a ritual a lot of us have taken on intentional because we want that great skin. Who doesn’t? But it is funny that while we do want great skin and we have adopted this easy and supposedly effective route, we have not taken time to understand how to do it right.
Here, we list the basics to help wash your face right, to have result that will match your effort.
- Too much wash: Let’s start with the most important. It’s no news that too much of everything is bad and your face, as much as washing it is encouraged, too much of it can be really bad. Washing your face twice a day is enough and any more than that can lead to skin irritation.
- Wrong product: Some people use the same soap they use on their bodies on their face. If you can, stop doing that and use a separate soap that is mild for an area like your face. A wrong facial product can ruin whatever facial routine you have.
- Wrong Water temperature: Guess you didn’t think this matters, but it does. Lukewarm water is the best for gently cleansing your skin; but if the water is too hot, it can lead to over dry skin.
- Quick rinse: Time is precious to everyone and for that reason, we want to wash off fast and rinse faster. What we realize is that, rinsing your face faster might lead to residue build which means clogged and dried skin. That said, you want to spend proper time rinsing whatever product off your face.
- Bad Towel Habit: After rinsing carefully, rather than rub, pat your face with a clean towel. Rubbing it will tug hard at your facial skin. Also, try not to share a facial towel. This doesn’t have to be something expensive and fancy, but something clean and personal for your face.