Bobby Browns’ son died of combination of alcohol, cocaine and fentanyl
It has been confirmed that Bobby Brown Jr., the son of singer Bobby Brown, died from the combined effects of alcohol, cocaine and the powerful opioid fentanyl.
This was made known by an autopsy report released by Los Angeles County Coroner.
Brown Jr. was found dead at 28 in his California home on November 18. His girlfriend, who had last seen him alive that morning, found him unresponsive on his bedroom floor and called paramedics, who declared him dead, the report states.
The report also says a witness told police Bobby Jr. had downed tequila and snorted half a Percocet and the cocaine. The manner of death is listed as accidental.
While officials did not find drugs or drug paraphernalia at the scene, the aspiring musician is listed as having a “medical history of alcohol, cigarette and marijuana use.”
Brown Jr. was one of two children from the 11-year on-and-off relationship between Brown and Kim Ward, which ended in 1991. Brown Jr. was following in his father’s footsteps with a music career.
Speaking about his son’s death, Brown in November said: “Please keep my family in your prayers at this time. Losing my son at this point in our lives has devastated my family. There are no words to explain the pain.”