Homemade peanut butter without oil or sugar
Homemade peanut butter takes less than 5 minutes to make and is simply delicious. Store your peanut butter in a cool dry place if you like it runny or pop it in the fridge to firm it up.
- 16 ounces roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour the peanuts into your food processor and pop on the lid.
- Turn the food processor on and blend for about 4 minutes. You will notice the peanuts first become thick and crumbly, possibly turn into a ball and then begin to turn into a thick smooth paste.
- Remove the lid and add in salt and blend for another 30-60 seconds or util the peanut butter is creamy and shiny.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for months (or in a cool dry place for a couple of weeks.