Abuja Cubana club, shut down for electrocution of customer
A popular Abuja nightclub, Cubana Club, owned by socialite and business mogul, Obi Cubana has been shut down after a young lady, died from electrocution in its premises.
Family sources also revealed that Oleghe tripped as she was about walking out of the nightclub and fell on a metal tod.
“They were about to leave the club and she tripped on a floor that didn’t look well laid. She fell on a metal rod. The metal rod has high voltage wires for lightning or whatever in it. And it was covered with metal for aesthetics,” the source stated.
The source further disclosed that the deceased was neither tipsy nor drunk.
“Even if she was tipsy and fell inside the club, was she supposed to get electrocuted?”
According to the source, the club’s management was not bothered by the incident at first, already putting up a billboard for a party they planned to host.
It was not until security personnel arrived at the club premises and shut it down before they acknowledged the magnitude of the problem, the source revealed.
More so, the source stated that the family won’t be leaving any stone unturned as they plan to face the management of the nightclub with every legal option available to them.
The management of the club has released a statement via its official Instagram page, confirming the death of the young lady.
In the statement, the club announced that they are closed for business until further notice.