8 Tips to staying stylish in the New Year
By Yemisi Suleiman
Entering into a new year does bring with it an opportunity to reflect on your life and perhaps think about positive changes you can make. The start of a new year is also the perfect opportunity to step back, look at your wardrobe, and set intentions around how you plan to dress and shop for the next 12 months.
However, regardless of your personal style or wardrobe needs, there are a few style commitments that everyone can benefit from.
If you are ready to take on the world in 2022, now is the perfect time to refresh your look with these new fashion and style tips
1. Work your capsule wardrobe.
Make sure you have reliable wardrobe staples: an iconic little black dress, a pair of jeans that fit perfectly, a classic blazer, simple tops, and button-downs in neutral colours. Investing in a capsule collection of mix-and-match basics (and learning how to style them) is the key to looking well put together.
2. Wear clothes that fit perfectly.
Wearing pants or skirts that drag on the ground and dresses that are too bogus won’t make you feel stylish. One trick to making any item of clothing look amazing is to hire a good tailor. Tailored clothing not only looks polished, but it also feels more comfortable. Also, invest in a few staple pieces that accentuate the strengths of your figure.
3. Get Creative
Incorporate different colours, patterns, and textures into your daily outfits for a refreshed look. You should never be afraid of experimenting with different fashion trends. If you normally wear neutrals, then get daring in 2022 by trying out red and orange instead.
4. Be a better shopper. Learn how to shop for exactly what you want, this will help you avoid filling your closet with items you never wear. When your wardrobe consists of pieces that you love, styling an outfit will become very easy.
5. Play with colour. If you’re nervous about adding colour to your look, start with just one colourful piece, and keep the rest of your look neutral. As you get more comfortable with colours, you’ll learn which colour combinations work best for your style.
6. Mix patterns and textures. The days of matching your handbag to your shoes are over. Clashing textures and prints make a bold fashion statement.
7. Add colour to your look with new accessories
Investing in new accessories is also a great way to refresh your look in 2022. You should consider buying a few new pieces that will add colour to your outfits. You can easily refresh everyday outfits with accessories that add colour to your outfit.
8. Update Your Beauty Routine
If you usually wear makeup, then keep up with the latest styles for 2022.
It would be best if you considered adding some colour into your daily beauty routine, such as bold lipstick in shades of dark purple, maroon, and burgundy. These colours will give any look an extra ‘pop’ without being over-the-top.–
ASST. EDITOR VANGUARD (ALLURE)
[email protected], [email protected]