HOW TO APPRECIATE YOUR LOVEBIRD DURING THE HOLIDAYS
It’s very easy to forget the importance of our spouses during the holidays, this could be as a result of stress which can be in high swing.
There is that tendency for one to forget that stress can affect our relationships in a major way when you feel swamped, as it can be hard to stay connected to each other during the holidays.
Running all over the place, trying to figure out gift ideas, dinners and talking about which in-laws to visit and not to visit, can make one forget to take the time to appreciate our spouse.
Couples always seem to be busy all year round and it has nothing to do with whether you both work or one stays home, you both need to feel appreciated.
Despite individual’s obligations, time need to be created in order to remain a team during this time of year. So today I will be sharing simple ways on how to appreciate one’s partner during the holidays.
First, communicate often- Let it out by telling each other how much you appreciate what the other person does for you and your family on a regular basis.
- No shopping together- Though shopping together could be romantic, but considering the crowds, it can make it very stressful. Feel free to ask your significant other to watch the children so that unnecessary stress can be avoided.
* Don’t fret about the perfect gift for each other, it’s really cool to go on a date night. Alternatively, you can plan something rich and new, as well as low key and cozy. You being intentional about spending time with your spouse is what really counts.
* Write handwritten letter that allows you to express your appreciation for them. Plan a time when the two of you can just sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and catch up. You’ll be surprised at what’s on their mind and listening to him or her can make them feel heard, loved and appreciated. Be sure to prioritize this time with your lover.* Allow boys or girls time out by giving him or her day off by encouraging him or her to go out with their friends and do something they’re interested in doing.
* Feel free to celebrate all of his work in front of your friends. Brag about him in a social media post if possible. Some nights is for making sure his or her favourite dessert is made. Small gestures go a long way when it comes to showing love and appreciation.
* For a change, make dinner by cooking your spouse’s favourite meal- in fact this can be a great low key night.It is quite important to verbally express your gratitude for your spouse in front of your children as they will pick up on it, follow suit and express their gratitude too, thereby making the dynamics of your family flourish.
Spouse’s appreciation can be shown in a number of ways though not very easy, you have to make time for your spouse and show them how much you love and care. Every day is precious and being selfless by making someone else feel good is one of the best feelings to be experienced. Always strive to give more than you take, marital unions thrive better when you do your best to serve without expecting anything in return. Although it’s quite hard to be selfless, the end results are worth it. Appreciation of spouses is very essential to nurturing a healthy marriage including turning routine jobs into joy, and changing ordinary opportunities into blessings. Remember to appreciate your lover during this Christmas and New year holidays.