Symptoms and natural remedies for herpetic whitlow
Herpetic whitlow is a viral condition where small blisters form on the fingers and the fleshy area around the fingertips. These sores or blisters are often painful and develop after direct contact with a contagious sore.
Symptoms of whitlow
- A burning sensation
- The formation of little pimples or blisters
- Itchy sensation or maybe tingling sensations.
- Pains in the affected finger,
- Pus drainage from one or more fingers or thumbs
Try out these home treatment for whitlow
- An antiseptic solution made with warm water
- To calm the area and relief pain, use warm water with Epsom salt.
- Two to four times a day, a 15-minute soak in a mixture of warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used since it contains antibacterial and antifungal.
Other home remedies include;
- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Ice Packs
- Tea Tree Oil
- Using Garlic cloves and garlic oil
- Licorice Root Powder
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Honey and Peppermint Tea Bag treatment