How to go from HAIRY to HANDSOME in 30mins
A well-groomed chest can increase confidence, help in boosting body image and give a refreshing feeling. It can instantly take you from hirsute to handsome.
However, considering the periodic attention that chest grooming requires, many men shy away from taking care of their chest. A fact, however, is that there might come a time in every man’s life when he has to consider grooming his chest rug.
Whether your goal is a subtly neater look or full on bare-chested glory, this should be a painless experience but could lead to uncomfortable regrowth and an uneven finish if done incorrectly.
Here’s a five-step process to guide you.
1. Take a quick shower, drying off and giving the hair a comb through to loosen knots.
2. Next, decide how to trim your chest hair. Set boundaries: decide where you want hair, and where you don’t. Whatever your preference, use a body groomer and bear in mind that it is better to trim and not shave your chest rug.
3. Go for an all-over trim. Bring all hair down to your desired length. Then start by shaving the out-of-bounds areas, going against the direction of hair growth. Use multiple length settings on your trimming device to create a natural fade from the areas you want hair to the areas you don’t, and check in with your mirror every few minutes.
4. Once done, rinse your chest with cool water, dry off and apply a lotion that’s designed to soothe skin post-shave.
5. Take a complete shower for your general upkeep; and remember to exfoliate regularly to prevent ingrown