How to style an entryway table
By Jennifer Chukwujekwe
Styling an entryway table can set the tone for the rest of your home and create a welcoming first impression for your guests.
Here are five tips on how to style an entryway table effectively:
- Start with a Statement Piece: Begin by choosing a statement piece that serves as the focal point of the table. This could be a striking mirror, a piece of art, an oversized vase with fresh flowers, or a decorative sculpture. The statement piece should draw the eye and set the style for the entryway.
- Create Symmetry or Balance: Symmetry or balance can bring a sense of order and harmony to your entryway. Place matching items on either side of the table to create symmetry, such as a pair of table lamps, candleholders, or decorative vases. If you prefer a more balanced look, arrange items with varying heights and sizes while maintaining an overall sense of equilibrium.
- Incorporate Functional Elements: Make your entryway table not only visually appealing but also functional. Add elements that serve a practical purpose, such as a tray or a decorative bowl to catch keys, a mail organizer, or a small dish for coins and pocket items. This helps keep the entryway organized and clutter-free.
- Personalize with Decorative Accessories: Add personal touches to your entryway table with decorative accessories that reflect your personality and style. Incorporate items like family photos in stylish frames, personal mementos, or items that have sentimental value. These personal elements make your entryway unique and inviting.
- Layer and Texture: Create depth and interest by layering different textures and materials. Consider adding a runner or tablecloth for added texture and colour. Incorporate different materials like wood, glass, metal, or ceramics in your decor. Additionally, use decorative baskets or boxes to add both texture and storage.
Pay attention to lighting. If your entryway doesnt have overhead lighting, consider placing a table lamp on your entryway table to provide warm and welcoming illumination. A well-placed lamp can also add a cozy ambiance to the space.
Remember that the key to styling an entryway table is to strike a balance between aesthetics and functionality. It should be both visually appealing and practical for your everyday needs. Experiment with different arrangements and decor items until you achieve a look that suits your personal style and makes your entryway feel inviting and organized.