Savour the taste of homemade maple bacon doughnutsNo Case Matched!
The maple bacon doughnut is a breakfast delight. It can also serve as a dessert food. It is quite different from the usual doughnut because of the addition of bacon and maple syrup. They serve as toppings.It is quite easy to prepare.The steps are listed below:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 21/4 tsp of dry yeast
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 ounces bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
2. Then add butter, milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Mix with the dry yeast until dough becomes sticky
3. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in thickness.
4. Cut out doughnuts to desired sizes.
5. Cover doughnut and allow to rise in warm location for like 45 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a large stockpot.
7. Fry doughnuts, cooking both sides until lightly golden brown.
8. In a medium bowl, mix the maple glaze ingredients in a bowl and spread on the top of the doughnuts
9. Immediately sprinkle with cooked,chopped bacon.
Voila, your maple bacon is ready to eat. Enjoy!