AllureHealth: 8 Tips on staying healthyNo Case Matched!
By Patricia Uyeh
‘Health is wealth’ goes the saying. Afterall, it is only those who are healthy that can go about their businesses. That being said, it is not enough to want to be healthy, you have to make conscious effort to live and stay healthy.
Below are health and nutrition tips to help you adopt a healthy lifestyle. They include:
1. Stop taking sugary drinks because they are closely associated with obesity, diabetes, heart disease and several health issues.
2. Eat nuts. They are loaded with magnesium, vitamin E, fiber and various other nutrients.
3. Avoid processed junk foods. This is because they are usually loaded with sugar and refined grains but are low in fiber, protein and micronutrients.
4. Eat fatty fish. Studies show that people who eat fish have lower risk of all sorts of diseases, including heart disease, dementia nad depression.
5.Sleep well. Getting quality sleep can never be overemphasized. Poor sleep reduces physical and mental performance.
6. Drink water has numerous benefits, especially before meals.
7. Eat vegetables and fruits . According to studies, people who eat vegetables and fruits live longer and have lower risks of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and other health complications.
8. Nourish your relationships. Studies show that people who are close with friends and family live much longer than those who are not.