Easter Celebration : Banga stew to the rescue
It seems Easter Celebration is on a low key because of the coronavirus pandemic but Banga stew will be a perfect choice to sweeten your taste buds.
Why Banga Stew?
Personally with all the busy schedules we have, preparing Banga seem alot of work but it offers you a different taste from the normal with so many nutritional contents.
Always wanted to prepare a yummy Banga stew and don’t know how to go about?
Well here is a guide to go about its preparation.
Things needed for Banga stew preparation.
1. Palm fruit
2. Scent leave & vegetables
3. Cow meat /Chicken /depending on your preference.
4. Dry fish/stockfish/smoke fish
5.Crayfish, onion etc.
6.Seasoning; Maggi, Banga spice, salt etc
7.Okpei ( just ask in the market)
How to prepare Banga stew
- Wash and place the palm fruit on fire, allow to boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Pound and wash with warm water to fully extract the juice. ( add water in small portion to get the desired thickness)
- Place the extract on fire and allow to boil for 10 minutes (do not cover completely to avoid overflowing).
- Add your stock; make sure to add little water while preparing your stock.
- Add onion, Maggi, crayfish, okpei, salt and spice. Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt, if desired taste and thickness is achieved, add your scent leave and vegetables.
- Your banga stew is ready.
- Serve with white rice and maybe a cup of smoothie.
Happy Easter Celebration and endeavor to stay safe always.