Switch up your Bedroom for Christmas
The festive season is here again and, it is the time to switch up your bedroom for Christmas and the new year. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Choose a Christmas colour scheme that matches your existing room decor. Such as red, green, white, gold or ivory.
- Change your curtains, blankets, bedspreads, and pillowcases. You don’t need to use curtains with Santa and snowmen on them, but red ones might look more festive than pink ones. Use colours such as red or green. Darker shades might look better than brighter ones.
- Get scented candles, diffusers or potpourri and make your room feel more festive with candles in three different-sizes on a red, green, gold, or silver candle plate.
- Put up a Christmas tree. Christmas trees come in all shapes and sizes, but a smaller one might look more proportionate in a bedroom.
- Hang pine branches if you don’t have room for a tree. If you don’t have much floor space.
- Use snow globes, nutcrackers, and figurines displayed on your shelves, dressers and desks.
- Hang some decorations from your window, shelves, or walls. If you don’t have a lot of room for a tree, you can hang small decorations using thread or clear thread/fishing line instead. Candy canes, jingle bells, stockings, ornaments etc.
- Put up some Christmas lights. Great places to hang up lights include above your bed, over your shelves, and around your window. You can get ones that plug into an outlet, or battery-operated ones. If you use tape to hang up your lights, try to use clear; it will be less visible on your wall.
- Play Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie with your partner. This will inspire you and get you into the Christmas spirit.