How to lighten underarms naturally
Many people choose a natural approach to armpit lightening. Advocates of natural remedies suggest a number of natural bleaching agents, including these:
- Potato. Grate a potato, squeeze the juice from the grated potato, and apply the juice to your underarms. After 10 minutes, rinse your armpits with cool water.
- Cucumber. Cut thick slices of cucumber and rub the slices on the dark areas of your underarms. After 10 minutes, rinse your underarms with cool water.
- Lemon. Cut thick slices of lemon and rub the slices on your underarms. After 10 minutes, rinse your armpits with cool water, dry them, and apply moisturizer.
- Orange peel. Mix 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of rose water with enough powdered orange peel to make a thick paste. Gently scrub your armpits with the paste and then leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water. Repeat two to three times per week.
- Turmeric. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with enough turmeric to make a paste. Apply the paste evenly to your armpits. After 30 minutes, wash the paste off.
- Egg oil. Just before bedtime, massage egg oil into your armpits. The next morning, wash your underarms with pH-balanced body wash or soap.
- Coconut oil. Massage a few drops of coconut oil onto your armpits. After 15 minutes, wash your armpits with lukewarm water and a mild soap. Repeat these steps two to three times a day.
- Tea tree oil. Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with 8 ounces of water in a small spray bottle. Spray this on your underarms and let it dry naturally every day after drying off following your shower or bath.