Perfect homemade crescent roll recipe, steps
Try this great recipe for sweet, fluffy crescent rolls (kind of like a croissant but more dense).
- ▢1 tablespoon instant yeast
- ▢½ cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- ▢½ cup whole millk⁴r7r=u7u*$
- ▢½ cup butter, room temperature
- ▢½ cup white sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢2 eggs
- ▢4 cups all-purpose flour
For the Topping
- ▢3 tablespoons (40 g) unsalted butter , melted
- Dissolve yeast in warm water
Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from the side of the bowl. Knead the dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 1/2 hours).
Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedges. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with the point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out of the oven