Simple home remedies for watery eyes
Watery eyes can be very irritating and can cause blurred vision, sore eyelids and sticky eyes.
Besides eye drops and medications, here are a few home remedies that can help stop or prevent your eyes from watering:
- Wash your eyes using clean water (while avoiding tap water) when you suspect a foreign particle has caused the problem.
- Use a clean wet washcloth, and not your hands, to clean your eyes or wipe tears away to avoid getting bacterial infections.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes if you think you have some foreign particles stuck in them, as doing so may cause damage to your eye.
- Try rubbing coconut oil around your eyes to provide a soothing relief to the eyes.
- Make a warm eye compress to soothe irritated and reddened eyes. Besides reducing redness and irritation, warm compresses also help to remove crust from the eyes and lossen up any toxins that might be blocking your tear ducts.
- Using tea bags (Chamomile, peppermint and spearmint) can be an effective home remedy for treating watery eyes. Soak tea bags in warm water for a few minutes, and once it has warmed up, you can place it on your eyes.
- Make an soothing eye wash solution by mixing 1 teaspoonful of baking soda in a cup of water. Rinse your eyes with the solution 2-3 times a day.
- Use protective sunglasses while outdoors, but make sure that you wipe them before you wear.