10 reasons you should eat even more kale
Of all the super healthy greens, kale is king.
It is definitely one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods in existence.
Kale is loaded with all sorts of beneficial compounds, some of which have powerful medicinal properties.
Here are 10 health benefits of kale that are supported by science:
- Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
- Many powerful antioxidants are found in kale, including quercetin and kaempferol, which have numerous beneficial effects on health.
- Kale is extremely high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that has many important roles in the body. A single cup of raw kale actually contains more vitamin C than an orange.
- Kale contains substances that bind bile acids and lower cholesterol levels in the body.
- Vitamin K is an important nutrient that is involved in blood clotting. A single cup of kale contains 7 times the RDA for vitamin K.
- Kale is very high in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that the body can turn into vitamin A.
- As a nutrient-dense, low-calorie food, kale makes an excellent addition to a weight loss diet.