HOW TO DATE LIKE A PRO: RULES FOR A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP
Relationships are not easy. They require a lot of effort and sacrifice. Some people believe love is tricky and just a mirage due to the fact that true love was never attained from their previous relationships. Every relationship has the ability to grow and mature. Falling in love could be effortless; it is easy to fall hard but difficult to stay in love that is why it needs dedication and time if these given rules are applied.
RULES FOR HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP
1. LOVE AND CHERISH EACH OTHER’S DIFFERENCES: Happiness in a relationship is achieved when you’re interdependent with each other, when you learn each other’s differences and cherish them for each and every one of those differences. It is important you accept the person the way he or she is and love them that way. Accept the flaws and solecism of that individual and love him or her the way they are meant to be loved because no one is perfect.
2. VIEW YOURSELVES AS A TEAM: View yourselves as a team, which means you are two unique individuals bringing different perspectives and strengths, that is the value of a team. This is one way of strengthening a relationship. It is pertinent people are working towards a shared purpose and common goals and in so doing you are sharing your varied skills in complementary roles and in cooperation with each other.
3. SOLVE PROBLEMS AS THEY ARISE: Solve problems as they arise. Don’t let resentments incense you. Most of what goes wrong in relationships can be traced to hurt feelings, leading partners to erect defenses against one another and to become strangers or enemies. Be mature enough to solve problems quickly and reconcile with one another.
4. LET YOUR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR YOUR WORDS: Actions speak better than words, the value of an action is greater than a million words. Be a person that shows love through gestures rather than words. Express your inner feelings into your attitude and show that person you truly love him/her.
5. NEVER BE SECRETIVE: Never hide anything from your spouse especially your feelings about him/her and your relationship – whether good or bad! This way, you will be able to overcome all the difficulties and challenges together. If something bad happened in your past that still affects you in the present, he/she needs to know about it.
Note: you should be able to discuss your sexual history. It is an obligation before you decide to be sexually involved with your partner. But you should make them feel safe and not judgmental and you should expect the same from your partner.
6. BE FAITHFUL AND LOYAL: It is not an easy task but it is extremely necessary for the betterment of your relationship because there can never be love without faithfulness. Being faithful has a positive effect on your character. That way, you are able to live out your greatness with confidence. Integrity is important, and it starts by how you live your private life, it gives moral authority. Mess up your private life and everything else will fall apart. Faithfulness and loyalty brings trust and it is important to know that relationships are built on trust.
By Osahon Ibizugbe